Stock

R. Stock-Motorpflug AG was founded in Berlin, Germany in 1909 by Robert Stock, who employed Karl Gleiche as chief engineer and works manager. Gleiche had designed a motor plough as early as 1907, and this formed the basis of a series of macihnes that were subsequently built at the Stock factory. These ranged from the giant 80 hp "Grosspflug" down to the 20-25 hp "Wendestock". Stock motor ploughs proved immensely popular and large numbers were shipped as far afield as Africa and South America during the 1910s and 20s. The company introduced crawler tractors in 1925 and a decade later they built their first regular four-wheeled tractors with Deutz diesel engines. The firm continued in one form or another until the 1970s, although tractor production ended just prior to the Second World War.

(Click on images below to enlarge)



Stock 60 hp motor plough at the Mezogazdasagi Eszkoz- es Gepfejlodestorteneti Szakmuzeum, Godollo, Hungary in 2006.



Stock motor plough, converted to regular tractor by removing plough frame and adding Case front axle, at the Willem Prinsloo Museum near Pretoria, South Africa in 2005.



Raupenstock at the Mezogazdasagi Eszkoz- es Gepfejlodestorteneti Szakmuzeum, Godollo, Hungary in 2006.



Raupenstock at the Musee Maurice Dufresne, Azay-le-Rideau, France in 2007.



Raupenstock at Traktormuseum Bodensee, Uhldingen-Mühlhofen, Germany in 2013.

 


TOP       BACK       HOME
Copyright © 2006-2017 David Parfitt. All rights reserved.