MÁVAG

MÁVAG, or Magyar Állami Vas-, Acél és Gépgyárak (Hungarian State Iron, Steel and Machine Works), was based in Budapest and began building steam locomotives as early as 1873. In the 1920s MÁVAG also began to assemble tractors, starting with the prairie-style "Astra" model. The company later built the Model PT “Austro Fiat”, which featured a four-cylinder Fiat petrol engine, with chassis, wheels and other parts sourced from Austro Fiat, the Austrian subsidiary of the Fiat company. Around 1930 the BN-40 and B-30 were introduced, which bore a strong resemblance to the IHC 15-30 and 10-20 of the same period. After World War II MÁVAG was nationalized, and in 1959 it merged with the Ganz company to become Ganz-MÁVAG.

(Click on images below to enlarge)



MÁVAG Model PT "Austro-Fiat" at the Mezőgazdasági Eszköz- és Gépfejlődéstörténeti Szakmúzeum, Gödöllő, Hungary in 2006.



MÁVAG Model BN-40 at the Mezőgazdasági Eszköz- és Gépfejlődéstörténeti Szakmúzeum, Gödöllő, Hungary in 2006.



MÁVAG Model B-30 at the Hajdu Ráfis János Mezőgazdasági Gépmúzeum, Mezőkövesd, Hungary in 2006.

 


TOP       BACK       HOME
Copyright © 2006-2017 David Parfitt. All rights reserved.