Leader

Leader tractors were produced by the Dayton-Dick Co. of Quincy, Illinois, which was a successor of the Leader Engine Co. of Detroit, Michigan. As well offering several wheeled tractors, they also built a series of half-track machines along similar lines to the Bates Steel Mule. At least two different models were produced - an 18-36 and a 25-40 - before the company changed its name to the Dayton-Dowd Co. in 1919. This new concern developed more conventional full-track and four-wheel models, but ceased production in 1924.

(Click on images below to enlarge)



Leader 25-40 (serial no. 274) at the Heidrick Ag History Center, Woodland, California, USA in 2005.

 


TOP       BACK       HOME
Copyright 2006-2017 David Parfitt. All rights reserved.