Johnson

Alfred C. Johnson developed his first tractor around 1909, and this was subsequently built at the Joshua Hendy Iron Works in Sunnyvale, California. The tractor seems to have been variously known as the Johnson Toe-Hold and Improved Johnson Tractor Model C. Production only lasted until around 1913, when the rights to the design were purchased by Rumely, who continued to market it for a while as the Rumely Toe-Hold tractor.

(Click on images below to enlarge)



Improved Johnson Tractor Model C (serial no. 69) at the Best Show on Tracks, Woodland, California, USA in 2008.

 


TOP       BACK       HOME
Copyright 2006-2017 David Parfitt. All rights reserved.