Fitch

The Fitch Four-Drive tractor was introduced around 1916 by the Four-Drive Tractor Co. of Big Rapids, Michigan. It was one of the earliest tractors to include four-wheel drive, and this feature, together with the excellent weight distribution, gave it an advantage over other tractors when operating in difficult conditions. Several different models were produced, including the 20-35 hp with a Climax four-cylinder engine and the Waukesha-powered Model E 15-30, nicknamed the "The Cat". The Four-Drive Tractor Co. ceased production around 1930.

(Click on images below to enlarge)



Fitch Four-Drive Model D 20-35 at Brayshaw Park, Blenheim, New Zealand in 2006.

 


TOP       BACK       HOME
Copyright 2006-2017 David Parfitt. All rights reserved.