Deutz

The German engine manufacturer Deutz AG was founded in 1848 by Nikolaus Otto, the inventor of the four-stroke internal combustion engine. The company was named after the suburb of Cologne in which the original factory was located. Deutz built their first tractor in 1907 and in the 1926 they went on to manufacture one of the first diesel-engined tractors in the world. In the 1950s Deutz became well-known for their air-cooled diesel engines, which were used in commercial vehicles as well as tractors. Deutz acquired Fahr AG in 1968, with tractors subsequently bearing the name Deutz-Fahr, and then in 1995 they were themselves taken over by the Italian SAME group.

(Click on images below to enlarge)



Deutz MTH-222 at the Deutsches Traktoren- und Modellauto-Museum, Paderborn, Germany in 2005. This tractor is now on display at the SAME Museum, Treviglio, Italy.

 


TOP       BACK       HOME
Copyright 2006-2017 David Parfitt. All rights reserved.